Friday, January 26, 2007

Colorado's Better Than Juneau

fI was in Colorado last weekend where I did not go night skiing or ice fishing, but I did get into a car accident and punch some guys in the face. Tomato, tomahtoe. Now I’m recuperating from a really bad cold I held at bay with the help of total denial and whiskey. My roommates are in clown college this weekend so I’m using the time alone to break into the gigantor package of LSAT and GRE books I ordered from Amazon. I also have a new book, "Hegemony or Survival" by Noam Chomsky, which I bought primarily because I was embarrassed to actually purchase "Pledged", a book about sorority life, in which I was immersed at the bookstore. Chomsky being an interesting and intelligent writer came in a far second, I'm sad to admit. Plus, I finally borrowed Eragon from Xtina, which looks like a teeny bopper Lord of the Rings, but I love Harry Potter, and I'll be 30 before that 7th book comes out. I’m actually really, really excited about all this reading. Passport back to the real world baby. Woo! 'Build the road! Juneau to your mom’s house!'*

…Too Much This Week:
Drank: PBR
Quote I Heard: “Is that really necessary?”
“Necessary??? Is it necessary to drink my own urine? No, but it’s sterile, and I like the way it tastes.”
Thought: about how soon I can leave Juneau and where I should go to bask in bliss
TV Watched: episodes from both the US and British “The Office”

By the way, global warming slapped us in the face with a two by four last week when a HURRICANE went through landlocked Austria and tore the roof off my best friend’s neighbor’s house in the northern capital of Vienna. This after months of 50F weather in the alpine skiing country of the world. Oh and one more thing, if you do supposedly care about the environment and don’t want to flush the toilet after peeing, don’t take the longest showers ever. And I think that about sums up my bitching.

*a future bumper sticker George wants to make, which I wholeheartedly support – namely, so I can cover up the current Gas, Grass, or Ass – No One Rides for Free", which is on the bumper of his car that I inherited .. (thank you thank you thank you I LOVE IT) … and drive children around in…

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they say that chomsky is the most quoted writer of our times but i think that's because he's so boring to listen to everyone would just rather read him instead....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home