Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Big Brothers Big Sisters Bible, a passage

Thinking About: Yes I will come for you. Roll my strength into a ball for you. Throw myself across chance for you. I will be the bridge or the pulley because you are the dream.

I'm leaving work shortly for our Auke Bay satellite office to do my *very first interview* with a potential volunteer. The paperwork is ridiculous; I already have a stack of forms as thick as my undergrad thesis, and that's just to get her file started. If all goes well and she becomes matched, her file will grow into something the size of a Bible.

From 'The Word of Marc, 8:16': "Oh ye, courageous Big Brothers and Sisters far and wide, take heed. For though thou walkst in the shadow of the Mendenhall Valley, thou still needs a form of government-issued picture I.D."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Stina said...

Haha...funny! The bit about Marc that is. And then the other part, the very beginning, was beautiful. Makes me want to cry and then shape up and have a dream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home