Thursday, September 15, 2005

clothes exchange party!

Last night, my friend and coworker -G and I went to a "clothes exchange party" at another girl's house. Oh man, those things are like Christmas except better cuz you can get rid of crap you don't like anymore too. Since I came to Juneau with minimum amount of clothing as it is (I packed everything I owned in two suitcases, and all I shipped was bedding), my contribution was pathetic: a pink argyle sweater that would only fit a skinny 9 year old, a black sweater that would only fit a pregnant man, a white shirt, and a black velour jacket. And that was like, 50% of all the winterwear I'd brought at all so I was crossing my fingers for some sweater finds for myself.

I hit the mother lode baby! I got like 3 zipups, 2 cute tops, a purse, & satiny pj pants with blue stars. Sweet. One person's trash really is another person's treasure. Well, except for the clothes I brought; nobody wanted them :( We ended up with 4 garbage bags of clothes and accesories, which will be donated for the Hurricane effort.

Speaking of, there is a silent benefit auction/family night at Nugget Mall this Saturday starting at 6p.m. My boss is going to make and sell gumbo and give all the proceeds to the Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in New Orleans, which was devastated, like so many other good things down there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home