Monday, December 12, 2005

Got Big?

Today I was reminded of how much I love my position here. Interviewing all the potential volunteers and hearing their sincere motivations, their visions of youth services, their desire to truly make a much-needed impact in these communities, energizes and encourages me. I just feel so uplifted to match kids with these great people who will let them know, yes, I acknowledge you as a person and will listen to you and no matter what the rest of your life looks like, you can count on me to be here, just for you, every week. Come to think of it, I think that sounds like a good idea to have for everyone, not just children.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's always nice when people actually *care* about something as opposed to just caring about their pay.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger x said...

it's such a great, fulfilling feeling to love what you do. and when you get up in the morning to go to work, to actually want to be there.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger valorie said...

i wouldn't be here if i cared about pay! I'm technically a VISTA: volunteer in service to america. so it's not actually an income :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home