Thursday, December 15, 2005


So much for miles of untouched sandy beaches or surfing or enjoying breathtaking ocean sunsets. The Yakutat trip was a whirlwind of activity; I barely had time to breathe let alone enjoy the environment. But it was really successful, and the matches are about as perfect as we could get them. My favorite part was asking this kid what type of Big he wanted, and he replied: “Unannoying, cool, has a good 4 wheeler, is good at stuff…. Believes in vampires, protects me from nightmares… and… is… 14 years old.” Can’t say the boy doesn’t know what he wants.


People are still trickling out of Juneau. Jo left yesterday, as did Laura. R-E departed today. And Seamus flew out Tuesday night when I arrived. At the airport, I was this close to leaving with him, but the ticket agent laughed at me and said it would cost $300. With another job I would have done it, but the one I got pays me in stickers and leftover bagels.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home