Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Great Juneau Winter Exodus

Unlike the other exodus-ers who seek warmer climes, crazy Tracy left for Antarctica. Fisherman Jack's in WA for awhile then back to wherever it is he comes from. (I've always just pictured him being born on a boat). George put his two-week notice in and flirts with going to DC, London, Colorado, and Hawaii. And our beloved Vinu - for whom Juneauites have thrown the most elaborate farewell events I have ever seen thrown for anyone's departure because she is just that awesome - is going home, then India, then moving to DC.

To top of all the goodbyes, I am also bidding adieu to my POS car. It completely died on me last night while I was perpendicular to the street, blocking any potential traffic, and freaking out passersby who didn't really want to help but couldn't avoid walking past me. I'd just come from the gym too so my exposed legs just froze as I sank into sidewalk snowbanks trying to push the vehicle into a legal position. Finally, two people helped me to manuever it into its second final resting place. The actual final resting place being the junkyard as soon as I figure out when the bargain day is.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Kritkrat said...

Vinu is for sure coming to DC?!?! Fuck yeah! That is the best news I've heard all day!!!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger valorie said...

for sure. after some weeks visiting family in CT and india first though.. you should definitely email me or george for vinu's new email address.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a sad, sad thing. The warrior has fallen. That POS made us realize our own frailty two too many times, showed us the brink and brought us home again. snif. I didn't realize i'd get so sentimental. RIP POS, RIP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home