Sunday, January 28, 2007

LSAT woes

If law schools were celebrities, my best bet is looking at 5 years of my life with an American Idol. Marginally well-known with some talent - but no Orlando Bloom. That’s my best bet if I started studying like, last week. Stared at this pile of books, my ticket out of a spontaneous one-year-stint that’s dragged past its novelty, and all I wanted to do was veg, eat, and watch more of The Office. I watched so much of it that I started thinking hey, my office job isn’t so bad. We’re getting new blinds soon. God. Forget the Idol. I’m gonna end up with Britney Spear’s first husband. My mood can best be summed up by the legendary Rick James, “Fuck this couch!”

My best friend Daniel on the other hand needs some accolades for being on target to finish his master’s thesis by the summer. I’d tossed around the idea of putzing around Europe for 6 months after all the grad exams, but since he’ll be finished earlier than he thought and plans to leave Vienna to gallivant around the world – as well he should – I am back to square one with figuring out where I should move myself. I wonder how long I could stay in Mexico without a US passport. That does it. I'm adding a new goal: finally apply for US citizenship in February, damnit.

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kritkrat said...

I applied to a grad school that doesn't even require the GRE, so that would mean I am ending up with what? Drunk Mini-Me who peed in the corner on the Surreal Life - what was his name? Vern Something?

PS - Awesome! I made it on to your blog as a link - kickass!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger valorie said...

haha - should i be willing to admit i saw that episode... and ... that i know it's vern troyer... god. what school? i know new mexico state doesn't require one either.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kritkrat said...

George Mason right here in good ole DC. Go Patriots! WHOO!

I am moving on Friday and will FINALLY have cable. (It's been four years since I last had cable) and I will finally be able to watch all the Surreal Life and Saved By The Bell reruns I want! Then I will know Vern Troyer too. SCORE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home