Thursday, October 06, 2005

i'm bursting to tell you but i can't

Yesterday was a great day for the following fabulous reasons:

1. Seamus got hired as an actor for a traveling theatre company doing ESL plays for kids all over ITALY. Good things do happen to good people. And Seamus.
2. I whittled my inbox of 20 files to 3. Because when I actually show up for work instead of skipping out early to go hiking, I get serious shit done.
3. I went to the Rock Dump with Nolan. And although I sucked from going so many times in a short period, and my arms died on me after one climb, and it took me 10 minutes to take my harness off cuz I couldn't grip worth a damn, its the hurty achey feeling that comes with knowing you've worked out to the best of your ability. That or because you've ripped a muscle tendon, I'm still investigating this one.
4. At The Hangar after climbing, one of Nolan's friends propositioned me to proofread/transcribe a novel he's working on. I think it's a memoir of his commercial fishing experience, and he said he'd make the job "worth my while". I'm not good at telling people how much my time is worth (no wait, actually I am, but not in a monetary way), so I may just exchange my services for a season pass to Eaglecrest. Not only do I plan to be a super awesome rock climber, but I aspire to be a sexy snowboard bunny too.

Everyone's at a retreat tonight as chaperones/facilitators for a group of high school freshmen, which means I will not be getting:
a. my sexy salsa Steens (self-explanatory)
b. my free sleeping heater (Seams)
c. access to the school printer after school hours because I've been too lazy to get a copy of the room key (officemate)
d. an ulcer (Spoons)

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Thanks for the comliment of linking me! Cool indeed. Good luck with your aspirations of becoming the sexy snow boarder. I just aspire to someday make it all the way down the hill on a snow board(I am so awful it truly is funny--I can only stay up until I hit the smallest of moguls!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home