Thursday, September 22, 2005

what a risky game we play

Guys in Juneau adore this game called "Risk". Two years ago, some Jesuit volunteers even created a Risk table that depicts Juneau geography and landmarks. It's actually an awesome piece so I thought, 'well the game must be decently riveting for people to make such a big deal out of it.' But people also make a big deal out of giant balls of twine so what do they know?

Last night, we went to the JV house because some guy named Seabass is going down south, for good apparently. So I'm sitting in the living room at the famed Risk Table watching 6 people play this with so much enthusiasm and vehemence and unspeakable joy, and I'm thinking what. the hell. There are these wannabe plastic GI Joes so tiny they wouldn't have even dented my forehead if I smacked my face against the table like I wanted to do. The only reason I even sat there watching this abysmally tedious game as long as I did was because my only other option was the kitchen where Spoons was, and boy would THAT be a bad idea waiting to make someone bleed.

Finally, I rationalized that if I were to blow my brains out from boredom somewhere, it may as well be in the kitchen; that way, it's easier to mop up. Bored houseguest I may be, but never a rude one.

First thing Spoons does is rectify my usage of "Booya". Because after all, he is super fly for a white guy. Then he turns to me during a lively game of Cranium and remarks, "You know what makes your jokes work, Val? Because you "recycle" them." And he said it just like that and used the finger quotes and everything, so a JV asked, "Why did you put that in quotes??" And I answered, "Because recycle is a big word for him." BOOYA.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Stina said...

mwahahaha....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home