Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bowl for Kids Sake


As you may already know, I work for Big Brothers Big Sisters in SE Alaska. Now, I'm also a team captain for our annual major fundraising event, Bowl for Kids' Sake, this April! Which means that not only do I have to induce 5 other people to bowl for donations with me, but I am setting a lofty goal of raising $500 personally. That's not going to put me in the contention of highest fundraiser (which, by the way, wins a 7-day Caribbean cruise for 2) or probably even the top 5 (round trip tickets on Alaska Airlines), but what I am gunning hardcore for is the prize for a donation from the most unique place. I'm talking to you Uzbekistan. Madagascar, stop hiding behind Mozambique.


Follow This Link to visit my donor web page and help me in my efforts to support BBBS of Alaska.

6 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually got 5 strikes the other night, the trick is to find the lightest ball your fingers can fit in comfortably and let the ball touch as close to center as possible. I would be one the 5, but i need a ride :)

D

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to do this with my ex's late father. his rotary club would take over a bowling alley for about 4 hours one morning. it was a lot of fun, but i don't know if i'll be able to help you at all. we'll see what happens these next few weeks :)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger valorie said...

no worries moondog!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

I'm doing the bowl for kids on April 8th here. We can only ahve teams of 4, so I've organized 5 teams of us who are all competing for fundraising (and scores too, though since i suck at bowling, my tram already knows I'm a handicap to them!) Good luck on your fundraising goal-that's pretty impessive!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger valorie said...

etchen: you organized 5 teams-that's impressive! woohoo! we should have an informal challenge on who bowls the best between your team and mine, because i really suck at bowling too.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Sounds great to me--I am unbelievably lousy-I bowled a 6o something last year, but won all sorts of prizes for most gutter balls, worst score, ball in someone else's lane...you knwo the usual! ;-) When is your tournament?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home