Monday, February 13, 2006

Skiing with Orca at Eaglecrest

I'm giving this look because having spent all morning on the bunny hill where you hold onto something that pulls you up a little slope, I am freaking out about chair lift procedures. And it didn't help that I had to board alone because Daniel had to ride with the woman from the group.

At Eaglecrest, it is totally okay to say, "I went up Hooter" because that is the name of this lift.

I may be smiling there but 5 minutes earlier, I had just eaten snow after a spectacular crash worthy of America's Funniest Videos or some other show where people getting hurt are laughed about.

"Look at me. I'm Mr. Ski Expert. I'm so cool I don't even need a jacket because I haven't fallen in 10 years."

4 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger x said...

happy Birthday Valorie!
May you live to be 200 and be happy all the way. Oh, happy V day too. xx
The pictures are great.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger valorie said...

thank you chloe!!! :o) (although a psychic in belize told me i'd die at 50 yrs when i get blown up in my home!) Happy V day to you as well! Any plans?

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics. and happy birthday to you! :)

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Don't feel bad ab. your "spectaular fall" The first time I went on a chair lift I had gotten up to the top of the mountain and it was time to get off...and then I realized I had gotten onto the ski lift but my skis were still at the starting point--apparently there was snow in the locking part so they just fell off when I got on and I didn't even notice. Pretty classy, eh? ;-) It sounds like you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home