Sunday, June 11, 2006

locked in a box and hidden away

I'm a little wary. The last time I had a weekend this fantastic, I came home and got dumped. I guess now the worst thing is coming home and getting unexpectedly asked out.

On Friday, we had a bonfire on Sandy Beach. Ours was struggling, barely a bonfire really, with some scavenged brush and a waterlogged log propped up by our grill cooking grid. Meanwhile, the one next to us was taunting ours with its perfect triangle shape, abundance of dry wood, and marshmallow roasting-worthy flames.


Eve: I'm going to the other bonfire to mingle.
Me: I'm gonna stay here. I'm a one-bonfire woman.
Eve: But our fire sucks.
Me: Yeah well good bonfires take effort. Anyway, that other one is just a fantasy bonfire. When you get over there, I bet it's not as great as it looks from here.

On Saturday, we helped Jack work on his boat (i.e. scraped around the deck listlessly for a short while then ended up getting distracted by big dogs, tall ships, beer, and burgers). Here is Vinu cooking us lunch with her scraper! The girls left to go swimming at the glacier and decided to forego the bathwater warm spot where everyone was so we could closer to the iceberg. Needless to say, it was f-ing freezing but a lot of fun and the ice calves were floating behind us five crazy, bikini-clad females.

Today I went kayaking on Twin Lakes and ran into my ecstatic Little Sister, who'd been so morose when the school year ended because it meant we wouldn't be intentionally meeting again until the next school year begins. And I also made leads on a new place to live which would be awesome to secure this month so I could take the last two weeks of July actually vacationing instead of sticking around to pack and move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home