Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'll be back in just a shake

My VISTA term ended last Friday. I don't feel any differently; I'm not experiencing any momentous rite of passage for having completed a year of domestic service. But I am looking back at the last 12 months of my life in Alaska and thinking, "Wow, what an amazing year... People here are crazy... but I love them... I'm crazy too... Where do I go from here... and what's left unsaid in all these ellipses?"

I'm pretty sure the answer to those questions lies in a three week beach bumming bonanza in the sun-and-tequila drenched Pacific coast of Mexico. Or maybe that's just a good excuse to swing in a hammock and drink margaritas the size of my face.

So goodbye poverty income! Screw you rainy weather! See you on the flipside.

When you’re on a golden sea
You don’t need no memory
Just a place to call your own
As we drift into the zone

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, the margarita is not native to mexico but has made its presence felt in a very real way and spreads from tourist trap to tourist trap. it would move totally unchecked across the land were it not for its natural predator, the vacationer

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Congratulations on all your work! Won't you miss the measly pennies they give oyu and call it a "paycheck"? Best wishes in your next endeavor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home