Friday, February 16, 2007

Carneval!

Juneau's having a Carneval parade & party tomorrow with dance performances and music representing different Latin styles. I've never celebrated Carneval before, or Mardi Gras, so I am really excited. Plus, the organizers asked me to emcee, which is puzzling because I'm not a local personality or even particularly culturally festive. And I was asked to dress up in a Carmen Miranda outfit. Yes, they even have a big hat of plastic fruit and a fake bird. And huge grape bunch earrings. If you were to glance really quickly at my wardrobe, the first impression a lot of people would get is, "does she wear anything other than red or black??" No, I really don't. This costume is electric blue, neon green, hot pink, and yellow. It has sequins, and it's poofy. It will be really nerve-wracking and scary to be wearing something that audacious in front of a couple hundred people while trying to verbally entertain them at the same time, so of course I said yes. Wish me luck. Ack!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger shelek said...

Wow that's really crazy. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home