Friday, August 26, 2005

Capital Chat

This morning, 3 other staff members and I spoke about our school-based program on KINY's "Capital Chat", hosted by Chris Burns. The show was from around 8:30 to 9am. I've never been in a radio station before, so it was really exciting for me, but one of my coworkers, Betsy, was just a pro. She's a real mover and shaker. I didn't expect to pipe in much, if at all, but Chris pointedly asked me questions a number of times so I talked about being a new Alaskan transplant (go Bearcats!) and how I love Juneau now and no, the rain doesn't quite bother me, but the low-hanging clouds sometimes do. Afterward, I took some pictures with him, and another radio employee passed by and remarked, "Well, you don't have to ask her to smile, do you? She's got a movie star smile." I told him, "It's not so pretty when I'm laughing; I look like I'm about to eat someone." Which is true.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home