Saturday, August 20, 2005

Caterpillars and Missed Flights and Whales, Oh my!


We had a table set up for Mendenmall's Back-to-School Event today from 10-2, and we drew very low interest--mostly (in my opinion) because right across from us was a blow-up giant caterpillar playland for kids. You can fill out boring paperwork... or jump in this!!! We didn't stand a chance. Our competition
I was really excited to wake up to today since my sister and her husband are arriving. But then she calls me, and they had missed their flight from Seattle to Juneau so instead of seeing her for dinner, they won't even arrive until 10p.m. Shucks.
That's okay since the 3 of us are booked for a whale-watching tour tomorrow! I've been really excited about it for over a month now, but then I read this crazy "whale of a tale"! Which, besides sorta freaking me out, serves to remind me how very, very far away from Cincinnati I am, where the closest thing to a beach is the polluted Ohio River, and the nearest thing to a killer whale might be the mutated catfish who get angry when you swim in their toxic watering hole.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie,

I have enjoyed reading your blog as much as Cristina's! You are SO wonderfully articulate! Even if what you wrote weren't as interesting as it is, it would be a pleasure to read it all (Cris will tell you I'm a grammar-snob)!! LOL

I hope your time in Juneau is wonderful, and I'll be following along to see if you do, indeed, end up dangling at the end of a rope inside some Alaskan cavern!!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pardon me, I just saw that I'd misspelled your name!! My total bad -- I hate doing that!!!!!!! I'll do better next time! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home