Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I don't think I helped my reputation today

Today's slightly embarrassing moment: I left my house this morning headed for the high school to attend the teachers' breakfast. Wanting to make a good impression, and being a bit rushed, I quickly donned black boots--my closest pair of nice work shoes, but the heels click loudly when I walk in them. So I take a shortcut I know through Cope Park and Juneau's historic cemetery. Imagine this hushed, picturesque graveyard with a small morning memorial service going on, people with their heads bowed in prayer, and here I come around the corner clippityclop, clippityclopping along on the rock pathway. On one hand, I felt like an idiot. On the other, I couldn't be late. Well by the time I reach the school, I've worked up a sweat (which on me, is never a sexy sheen, it is like obviously sweaty and gross), and my boots are covered in grass, dew, and mud. So much for trying to look professional.

Today's photo opportunity: Last weekend, I volunteered for a benefit concert which was donating half of its profit to us and half to Red Cross. Today, the concert organizer came over to take pictures of him handing us the checks. My boss said he's always in the paper so I should stand in instead.

I was going to include a picture of that, but I looked fat so here's a skinnier version of me wearing exactly the same thing I am wearing today except this was taken 2 years and 10 pounds ago. Oh and I'm holding a check for $1100 instead of a rum and coke with a twist. Upgrade!

So whenever that does run in the Juneau Empire and/or Capital Weekly, a) that will be the 2nd time in a month that my mug's graced the local pages and b) I'm going to earn a reputation for being an attention hog.
Well...either that or the rude import who has no etiquette for sacred death rituals.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, gina. what a hottie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home