Monday, October 31, 2005

the edges of your vision are rimmed in gold

Now the fall is here again
You can't begin to give in
It's all over
When the snows come rolling through
You're rolling too with some new lover
Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely
It was just the season

My boss is awesome. He knows when I’ve been too lazy to pack lunch and too broke to buy it because I stay at my computer through lunch break playing Minesweeper without enthusiasm. Today I was munching on my second bag of potato chips from the office variety pack. I am a sucker for the Cheetos and cheese Doritos. My coworkers can tell when I’ve used their desk because when they return, there’s my evidence piled in the trash bin. So today--a reprieve from the fatty snack that will lead to my trans-fat demise! He throws me a Silverbow bag, and I catch it as if it were manna from the heavens. Inside are a bagel swirled orange and black and a raspberry crumble cake. Yay for holiday-inspired nourishment!

He’s also just arrived from a business trip to Yakutat, where he did a community assessment in preparation for a new school program launching. This morning, he walks by my office door and says, “I got something for you.” He chucks a maroon t-shirt at me. It’s from Icy Waves, a surf shop there. He is so thoughtful! I just hope he doesn’t want to ever surprise me with an Alaskan ulu seeing as he likes to give his gifts by winging them at people.

… The thought of a secret leaves me smiling today. Some coincidences simply render me speechless ...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Sounds like an awesome boss!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger x said...

hm...sounds like a wonderful secret

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger valorie said...

he is definitely an awesome boss, and the secret is deliciously comforting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home