Wednesday, October 19, 2005

he catches my fall when i start to slide

My best friend recently got back from a 3 month backpacking trip in South America:


From 5 hour treks in the desert ...

To a 5-day ride on a boat...

To the place in the jungle which gets submerged in water during the rainy season...


To Macchu Picchu, which is on my list of top 3 things to see before I die...

To the VLT (Very Large Telescope), which is on his list of top 3 things to see before he dies...

I miss extended trips, hitchhiking, boat rides, food markets, the dryness of dust and the moisture of jungle. I miss getting on the back of someone's truck and watching the landscapes move backwards while the wind and my hair play. I miss good meals for $1 and palapas and especially hammocks. Mostly, I miss traveling the world with my kin spirit, a green-eyed son and a pacific island daughter.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How amazing it is to travel like that! If you could go to anyplace next...where would you go?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger valorie said...

outer space!!

brazil during carneval would be fun but only with some good friends. famous ruins like macchu picchu or angkor wat would be amazing.. u?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Italy, Russia, Egypt...pretty much anywhere! (I've never been over the pond before) I think Brazil during carnival season would be amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home