Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself."

Just Finished Reading:
"What's the world's greatest lie? It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate." ~Melchizedek

This was a beautiful book. I don't review books like I review movies because if it were good, I would never feel that I could write anything nearly as eloquently/comically/poignantly as the author did to describe the story. And if it were bad, then I didn't even waste my time finishing it let alone bothering to write a review (like the recent "A Simple Habana Melody" by Oscar Hijuelos). Movies, on the other hand, you already paid 9 clams for, good or bad till death do us part, so you have to sit through it to the end and hope the ride's entertaining. Unless it was "It Takes Two" which I went to by pure and utter accident (I swear); I walked out of that nightmare in less than 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home