Saturday, June 16, 2007

other people's junk

somebody slap me if i ever remotely gripe about sunny weather in juneau again. i can withstand 90 degree humidity in southern mexico no sweat (ha, ha), but give me 70 at home, and my face feels like it's being burned by an iron. last week, my officemates - most of whom are lifers - were agonizing about how hot it was. shut up debbie downers and shut up me. i don't care how baked my legs feel in these pants, bring it on and keep it up sunny mcsunsalot!


we woke up at 6am today and i went garage sale-ing for the first time. apparently, it's a popular weekend tradition in the valley, and considering that i lived downtown up to now, i had never heard about it. or was sober and/or awake that god early in the morning on a saturday. (the walking proximity of 7 bars from my old house was both an advantage and a limitation.) we scored pretty well, particularly with a free grill and accompanying propane tank - filled! FREE. the tank alone must be like 50 bucks. and it only took us 3 hours and 20 crappy yard sales before finding that jackpot. it was really dirty and rusty, and the legs were uneven, but after a good power brushing, deep grease cleaning, and adding metal rods to the back, it came out better than - yes, i'll say it - buddy, the green grill. (i have no idea where he is now, but i still have a $10 share on that puppy.) yay for other people's junk and my treasure. p also got an msr whisperlite international fuel camping cookstove for $7.50, and i made out with 2 books (grimm fairy tales and the english patient), a set of plates, a sweater, and a scenic driving tour of heretofore unseen neighborhoods for under 3 clams.


speaking of stuff for sale, p wants to sell his motorcycle. it's a buell xb9xs CityX bike, if anyone's interested. also, my eggs are up for grabs. holla.

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kritkrat said...

I have always, always wanted a buell. More than I want a Harley.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger valorie said...

what about my eggs, yo?

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buell *is* harley nowadays. harley bought them out many years ago.

oh, and i'll bid $20 on that bike, that's all i can afford :(

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Sounds like you made quite a haul!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home