Tuesday, January 17, 2006

i feel lousy

I am not a sickly person. When I was younger, my mom used to whisk me to my great-uncle's house while my parents and sister suffered communal illnesses. When flu epidemics would sweep the school, it only affected me as a convenient excuse to stay home. So when I actually am sick, I get this nasty feeling that I'm lying or overreacting. You can also factor in a history of restaurant employment, and managers in that industry never believe in sick days as a rule. Which is gross. Cuz they deal in food service.

Today, I'm holed up under blankets on my housesit couch experiencing chills, a fever, and an icky sinus pressure. My awesome roommate is stopping by with soup and orange juice soon.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems to be going around. luckily for me i almost never get sick either. *knocks on wood* i usually get *something* about once a year if that. hopefully i can stay away from this one until everyone else gets it. i can't afford to be out right now.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, hit send before i could say hope you feel better soon :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger valorie said...

thanks moondog! turns out it was an infection, but it should be gone in 10 days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home