Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mt. Washington Blockbuster can go to hell

And so can my exboyfriend. I found a charge on my credit card earlier this week from Blockbuster's. Puzzled, I drove to the downtown Juneau location on my way home from work to ask the manager there about it. He discerned that the charge came from Mt. Washington, OH. Which just so happens to be where my ex lives. My ex used to be on my account as a secondary borrower. And when I'd personally cancelled my account, the manager with whom I requested it coincidentally happens to be my ex's friend. Mother. Fucker.

So I called them yesterday and explained my situation to the employee. She put me on hold where I imagine she recounted my story to said manager, who in horror of being caught with his inethical misuse of my account, told her to get rid of me. They dropped my call 4x. I even heard a voice laugh and say, "Just hang up." Finally he gets on and says, "I don't know what to tell you except I'm sorry," sounding embarrassed to be talking to me but not very sorry at all. So basically, the charge stays on my card until my ex returns the videos. If he doesn't by Feb. 10th, then it's my responsibility to call back for a refund. He explained otherwise, I might get double refunded, and they can't be having that because it's not like I'm a SuperSonic. Yes, he actually said that.

I was so pissed with his playful demeanor and verbal "whatever" shrugging. He consciously remembers me asking to cancel it, he knowingly allowed my ex to continue renting under my name and credit for 7 months, and now he's caught and he's just like Woopsy Daisy, Tee fucking Hee. I am seriously about to write Howard's CrimeStoppers in Cincinnati or the Enquirer or Judge Judy I swear to God. I already wrote a letter to corporate.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

I think I would follow that letter up with a personal phone call to teh corporate office and make sure this guy gets fired.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger valorie said...

i tried to find a corporate phone number online but couldn't find one--just the "contact us" email feedback. if you or anyone happen to find it, let me know! i would definitely call!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Cari said...

The lack of concern would make me soooo mad! I hate when people who are supposed to "help" you act like that. Why would you get in a field that is involved with people when you really don't give a crap WHAT they are going through! Well, I hope this eases your mind...I hear the company is not doing so well...maybe it's because they have people like that working for them....and it is good you wrote a letter to corporate...you should organize a petition letter to get this unkind guy fired!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A regional rep. for Blockbuster might be able to help. Here's the BBs within 5 mi.

2 3.15 mile(s) Beechmont/Nagel BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Store 8094 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, OH
45255-3145
Sun, Mon - Sat
10:00AM - Midnight
(513) 474-6555 Add
3 4.72 mile(s) Paxton/Wasson BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Store 3880 Paxton Avenue, #D
Cincinnati, OH
45209-2372
Sun, Mon - Sat
10:00AM - Midnight
(513) 321-2029 Add
4 4.91 mile(s) Michigan/Wasson BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Store 3651 Michigan Avenue
Cincinnati, OH
45208-1411
Sun, Mon - Sat
10:00AM - Midnight
(513) 321-6273 Add
5 5.16 mile(s) Carothers/471 BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Store 92 Carothers Road
Newport, KY
41071-2416
Sun, Mon - Sat
10:00AM - Midnight
(859) 431-8488


*********

Hope that helps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home