Monday, January 30, 2006

Help! I need old people!

What I Heard Part 2: At the Filipino Community Hall last Saturday, they had a welcoming party for 3 local soldiers back from Iraq. Alaska Senator Kim Elton and his wife showed up, as did Juneau mayor Bruce Botelho and 2 other state representatives. In his speech, one of the soldiers said, "What I miss most about being over there are the kids. They were so happy to get our packages. Every day, it was like Christmas. They were so excited to see us. It's not true that everyone hates us."

As for hoping to find useful contacts for my research project, that was a bust. I'm so disappointed and stressed out about what to do. That night, I had a recurring nightmare of my teeth coming out. It sounds silly, but it's horrifying. They felt really loose so I started pulling some of them out and suddenly, I was spitting and all my teeth were falling out of my mouth. A dentist stitched them back in my gums with black thread, but when I brushed my teeth, they fell out again. I get this dream once in awhile when I'm really stressed. Usually, I've got my jaws clenched so ferociously that they start to crumble inside my mouth and still I can't stop until I'm grinding them into pieces. It's gross and disturbing and the anxiety lingers all day.

Luckily, my friends came over last night, and we all watched I Heart Huckabees. That pulled me out of my icky funk. And this morning, great news! My best friend from Vienna is flying in next Monday to visit for 3 weeks!!!! We haven't seen each other since New Years 2005 in New Orleans. Usually we visit every winter and summer break but this past year had gotten crazy for both of us. I am sooo excited!!

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Cari said...

That dream is very unsettling…some dreams feel so real…. I had a dream about a month ago that I was standing in the middle of the street in a pink satin nightgown…My hair looked so different…it was long and all one color (brown) and my body was thin EXCEPT for my stomach, it looked like I had a bowling ball hidden under my nightgown…. well…it wasn’t one! I remember I was standing alone…. and that terrified me. My husband was nowhere to be found. I remember rubbing my belly like I did when I was pregnant with Tyler (my 3 year old son) and I remember thinking…. what am I going to name her? The crazy part is…. just recently I found out that I was Prego!!! My translation: The pink nightgown symbolized the baby girl I was going to have…. and my fear…when I was standing alone it meant that my husband would not be by my side.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger valorie said...

i sincerely hope that you won't have to be standing alone through and beyond your pregnancy!!! nightmares always leave me with lingering feelings of anxiety or sadness for a long time after waking. i have even woken myself up from crying because of a really sad dream. but i have yet to wake up laughing! i bet that would be an awesome start to the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home