Saturday, November 05, 2005

I cannot wait for the rest of my life.

Steens and I went to the (Southeast) Waffle House to work on our stories and ended up having mutual writer's block. To inspire ourselves, we played a game of MASH. This is a popular way to pass the time and predict the future, especially if you are of elementary or middle school age. What you do is have these categories such as "Husband" and "Occupation" and you provide 2 possibilities that you really want, and the person doing it for you gives 2 of her own. When you've exhausted the different groupings you want to predict, the person doing it either starts making tick marks or swirling a curlicue until you tell her to stop, and then you count the number of lines. You go down the lists crossing off the options that land on that number until everything is narrowed down to one. Your fate. My number today was a lucky 7:

I'm married to that guy from 28 Days Later. Anything after that was moot since I really wouldn't give a damn as long as Mr. Hottie McHotterbutt is looking at me with his beautiful blues and gouging out the eyes of crazed zombies to protect me. I've apparently reconsidered my desire not to have children because we have 6 little ones together. He's a good musician, and I become a Maxim model although my steady career is as a best-selling author. Our honeymoon is a hot air balloon ride over Macchu Picchu, but we settle in Alabama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home