Thursday, November 03, 2005

osteology dropout

The professor for the class I TA for, Biological Anthropology, was absent today, so she had me supervise the class tonight and be on hand to answer any questions. They were supposed to work on a study guide for their final exam, split up in groups working on different topics. I barely remember this stuff so I start doing what I do best: play Yahoo! Euchre.

Suddenly, one girl looks to me and says, "Hey! Stop playing card games online! You're supposed to be a smarty pants right? You already graduated? What's the super orbital torus?"

Ergh, dropping that damned Osteology grad course has come back to bite me in the butt. I input "super orbital torus" in my mind archives and come up blank. I try "orbital anything" and a hazy image of a skull feature pops up. Sweet. "It's part of a skull," I replied, relieved to step up to the plate when called out.

"We already know that. But what IS it?"
Crap.
"It's here," I answer, simultaneously brushing my face behind my ear, smoothing an eyebrow, and rubbing my forehead.

Must. Review. Australopithecines.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

OMG is that funny...I thought of you today during my class and decided against playing cards on my laptop...I also made sure not to make eye contact with anyone for fear they would ask me somehting after class!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home