Thursday, March 09, 2006

no woman is an island

you know what i love? friends who cheer me up while i'm working at the stripclub gym. they're inviting me to go out to open mic tonight. i've holed myself up for 2 months, drowning in tv and cigarettes, so i guess it'd be good for me to revive social connections at a time when i feel most alone. oh who am i kidding, the two offers of buying me a drink sold me.

p.s. so this guy just tried to hit on me, awkwardly. no matter that i'm looking pissed as i'm typing intently on my laptop and avoiding eye contact. in steroid land, these are obviously come hither signs. he's so pumped up it looks like he's constantly carrying invisible children under each arm. and it's a good thing you can't see them because they're crying and screaming for help. apparently he hit on my roommate last night too.

Dude: So, are you Peace Corps too?
Me: No, I'm an Americorps VISTA. It's like a domestic Peace Corps.
Dude: You guys are everywhere here!
Me: Yep... we're like cicadas that way.
Dude: Uhh.. so where are you from?
Me: Ohio
Dude: Oh there's a lake there with my family name on it.
Me: Is that so? ... Where is it?
Dude: North of Cleveland somewhere.
Me: Funny. Huffman doesn't sound like Erie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home