Friday, April 14, 2006

poetic memory and a motif of beauty

Got back from Anchorage Wednesday night. I had a great time. I have been nonstop doing catch-up work and preparing for our Bowl for Kids Sake event tomorrow so for now, this is all I've got:

Our dessert at the Glacier Brewhouse...

a flourless chocolate torte with espresso infused Ghirardelli sauce, Baileys anglaise, vanilla ice cream sprinkled with pistachio crumbles resting on a super thin candied wafer

I miss gourmet food. I don't miss gourmet prices.

I've also been devouring The Unbearable Lightness of Being. It is amazing and now one of my favorite books.

"Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love."
"...Love begins with a metaphor. Which is to say, love begins at the point when a woman enters her first word into our poetic memory."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

OMG does that dessert look amazing! Best wishes on your bowl-a-thon. I did mine last weekend--a 71 the first game and 114 the second--thank goodness people just gave me flat donation rather than based on my score--or else I never would have raised any money for BBBS! ;-) Happy Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home