Tuesday, March 14, 2006

You Got Served

For the first time, I went to the Alaskan for Monday Night Raw - a weekly hip hop event - with my neighbor last night. The Taku winds have been ridiculously fierce this week, blowing 60mph, shredding my face and knocking me down and sideways as I struggle to walk up the mountain. In my opinion, Chicago doesn't deserve "the Windy City" after this experience. So we're about 10 feet from the door, and the wind suddenly blacks out all the power for the entire lower downtown area. I have been in lots of power outages before but always at my home or someone else's, so I got a kick out of hanging out in a brothel-turned-bar, where they improvised light with tea candles and kept serving people drinks on tabs anyway.

Finally after an hour and a half, when the novelty had worn thin, and we're all re-bundled in scarves and bubble jackets, the electric turns back on. There was a DJ battle that was harsh, but hilarious, and then some MCs and Random Super Drunk Guy got on stage to freestyle, so I ended up having a really good time overall.

Unfortunately, I have really bad luck running into creeps at the Alaskan because this guy I blew off awhile ago tricked me by acting cool at first, then suddenly unleashing a tirade of bitterness. "I'm over it though," he claimed after his surprise verbal onslaught, maintaining a flippant smile the whole time. I apologized anyway because I was cornered, and my nails aren't long enough to scratch his eyes out. He laughed, and I was really confused if he was joking or messing around with me or just plain crazy. "That's fine," he shrugged, "because I told everyone I f*cked you." I was speechless. All I could think was, 'Where are the MTV reality cameras? Because the weird guys my roommate and I have met this past year rivals a Real World cast. If Puck were in the same season as the 2 Vegas man-whores.' I make light of it now, but if it weren't for my neighbor fortuitously appearing and asking me to go upstairs at that moment, I would have ended up breaking my bottle on the side of the bar and shivving the asshole.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you-he sounds like a major ass (esp if you are comparing him to Puck!)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger valorie said...

thanks etchen, i think his attitude backfired on him when he spread those rumors because his bitterness was obvious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home