Tuesday, March 28, 2006

not for long

I've been drawing cave maps for a SE Alaska caving publication. I am sadly coming to terms with the fact that I'm retarded about envisioning spatial dimensions more complex than the typical cubic pit of archaeology. For my woes, the man I'm helping cooked me some moose and venison to try for the first time ever. They were marinated in red wine and were pretty good, but I think I'll stick to filet mignon. Although in Alaska, the deer and moose meat are probably fresher than beef.

I am deliciously happy today. I feel so good I almost feel guilty about it. And I almost feel like I shouldn't admit it, in case it's used against me by unhappy people who may get resentful or suspicious. Like I found some buried treasure, and I'm gleefully hoarding it. It's not like that at all. But it is from an unexpected source.

Recently finished: Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit ~Jeanette Winterson (one of my favorite authors)

An excerpt: “One thing I am certain of, I do not want to be betrayed, but that’s quite hard to say, casually, in the beginning of a relationship. It’s not a word people use very often, which confuses me, because there are different kinds of infidelity, but betrayal is betrayal wherever you find it. By betrayal, I mean promising to be on your side, then being on somebody else’s.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home